Saturday, August 11, 2012


FIRST PLACE

I almost canceled my plans to play duplicate bridge this morning, but I'm sure glad I didn't.  On Thursday when the right side of my hip / buttock started hurting, I took a muscle relaxant when I went to bed to make the pain go away.  Although I did feel some what better in the morning I took some ibuprofen anyway and did some stretching exercises in hopes of preventing it from getting worse.  Unfortunately, after meeting friends for lunch and then watching a movie at the senior center in the afternoon, the pain returned in full force.  I had been sitting on a hard chair for two hours and no doubt that caused my sciatic to return.

As soon as I arrived home, I took more ibuprofen, iced my hip, and then did more stretching, determined to heal myself. However when I woke, the pain had barely receded.  Nevertheless, as I did not want to disappoint my partner, I dressed and drove off to the bridge class.  I was very uncomfortable all morning, but we won first place, and it was worth it!!!

By Hannah
www.FunnyPhotosContest.com a photo contest for cute or funny photos and photo captions.

No comments: