Sunday, August 5, 2012


ROGER EBERTS

I started reading (actually listening to) Roger Ebert’s book, “Life Itself”.  And to my surprise Rogert Ebert not only grew up in Urbana, Illinois, but was a junior in high school when I was a freshman at the University of Ill in Champaign-Urbana.  How cool that this man whose movie reviews I followed for years and I were at the same place at the same time.  In fact, when he entered the university in 1960, we may have sat in some of the same classes or at least past each other on the University’s quadrangle.

Of course listening to the book felt a little like a trip to memory lane.  What a delight to hear him mention Green Street, the Daily Illini campus newspaper, Gregory Hall, Steak and Shake, etc, places I still remember.

By Hannah
www.FunnyPhotosContest.com a photo contest for cute or funny photos and photo captions.

No comments: