Monday, August 20, 2012


NEW WEBSITE

In the last couple months, the traffic on my website, FunnyPhotoContest.com, and the number of contestants has dropped about 50%.  Of course, I’m discouraged and wonder if after 6 years, my site has run it’s course and the time has come to shut it down. I don’t want to end my website as I’ve greatly enjoyed running the site and it has kept me very busy.

In addition, I worry about how I will fill my time once my website goes away.  Luckily, yesterday I received a surprising and actually inspiring email from a classmate.  Since 1992, Chuck R. has operated a website for our high school classmates -- The West High School Class of 1958.  But a few months ago, he closed down the site.  It was a great site and it was a shame he ended it.  So yesterday, when I received an email from Chuck, I was delighted to see he sent an e-newsletter to me and all of my classmates.  Plus, he mentioned he would be sending the e-newsletters about every six-eight weeks.

Eureka!!!! What a great idea.  Instead of my FunnyPhotosContest.com website, I can create an e-newsletters for my relatives.  I have 100’s of cousins whom I don’t even know.  What a wonderful way to connect to them and get to know one another.

By Hannah
www.FunnyPhotosContest.com a photo contest for cute or funny photos and photo captions.

No comments: